Andrew Wilson EA net worth: Andrew Wilson is an Australian businessman who has been the CEO of Electronic Arts (EA) since September 2013. On 18 September 2017, he was elected as a direc tor of Intel.
Early life and Career
Andrew Wilson was born on September 7, 1974 (age 47 years) in Geelong, Australia. He joined EA in 2000, and worked in the company’s Asian and European markets for several years before moving to EA Sports and then becoming an Executive Producer on the FIFA franchise.
In August 2011 he was appointed Executive Vice President of EA Sports, and he also took on duties as Executive Vice President of the company’s Origin platform in April 2013.
Six months after the resignation of John Riccitiello, Wilson was chosen to be the new CEO of the company on 17 September 2013. In a blog post on EA’s website, Wilson said that he was “deeply honoured and humbled” to take up the job, and said he envisioned EA as “the world’s greatest games company.” In recent years, he has been under fire for promoting microtransactions in EA’s video games.
Check Out: Patrick Soderlund net worth
Wife: Andrew Wilson is married, and has one daughter and one son. He holds a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Awards and recognitions
- 2015 – #3 on Fortune magazine’s Business Person of the Year list, behind Nike CEO Mark Parker and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
- 2015 – #3 on Forbes’ list of America’s Most Powerful CEOs 40 and Under, behind Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer
- 2015 – #58 on Adweek’s Power List: The 100 Most Influential Leaders in Marketing and Tech
- 2014 – #5 on BBC.com’s list of best CEOS of 2014
- 2014 – #6 on Forbes’ list of America’s Most Powerful CEOs 40 and Under
- Winner – Motley Fool’s The Best Tech CEOs of 2014
- 2010 – Winner, BAFTA, Games/Sports – FIFA 2010
- 2010 – Winner, BAFTA, Games/Use of Online – FIFA 2010
Andrew Wilson net worth: Andrew Wilson’s net worth is estimated at around $20 million. His salary is around $5 million and his main source of income is from his investments in video games. Wilson’s successful career has earned him some luxurious lifestyles and some fancy cars. He is one of the richest CEO’s in the world.