We bring you Best Point Savings and Loans treasury bill clarity. Best Point Savings and Loans Ltd (BPSL) is a wholly owned Ghanaian Company incorporated under the Companies Act 1963 (Act 179) on September 4th 2012. It was originally incorporated as Lucky Savings and Loans Limited but had the name changed on January 29th, 2013. It was issued with a Certificate to Commence Business on October 8th 2013.
Best Point Savings and Loans is licensed by Bank of Ghana to provide savings and loans services in accordance with the Non-Bank Financial Institutions Act, 2008 (Act 774). The license was issued on December 2nd, 2013.
The sole business of Best Point Savings and Loans is the provision of savings and loans services.
What are Treasury Bills (T-Bills)?
A Treasury bill (T-Bills) is a short-term investment product (from 91 to 365 days) backed by the Bank of Ghana on behalf of the Government. Treasury bills are one of the safest forms of investment because they are backed by the Ghana Government and are considered risk-free.
6 Benefits of Treasury Bill (T-Bills) in Ghana
- Treasury bills are risk free
- You may roll over both the principal and interest or continue with the 3. investment (roll over the principal) and take your interest
- Treasury Bills can easily be converted into cash.
- No applicable transactions cost
- T-Bills can be used as collateral to access loan from the Bank
- There is no limit to how much one can buy. It depends on how much you are willing and able to buy
Treasury Bills requirements
Anyone above 18 years can buy treasury bills. However, you can buy T-Bills for a minor and hold it in trust for him or her. It can also be held in trust for family members, friends or organizations.
- Completion and Submission of Treasury Bill Application form
- A minimum of GH¢ 100.00
- A Valid National ID
Best Point Savings and Loans is not permitted or licensed to offer any Treasury Bill related business. According to Bank of Ghana, it is only Banks that can offer Treasury Bill and not a savings and loans institutions or microfinance.
However, Best Point Savings and Loans working hours used to be 08:00 to 05:00pm from Monday to Friday.