J Balvin Net Worth
We bring you J Balvin net worth. He is a Colombian reggaeton singer. Read of the complete write-up of J Balvin net worth, the net worth of J Balvin, Girlfriens, and other useful information you need to know.
How much is J Balvin worth?
J Balvin net worth is estimated to be around of $30 million as of 2021. Balvin is one of the best-selling Latin artists with more than 35 million sales worldwide. How his monthy salary details are still to unfold yet but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making a good amount of money from his work. His major source of wealth comes from his music career which is his present job.
As of now, he is satisfied with his earnings. He is also making a good amount of money from his musical tours. He is living a cool lifestyle from his career. On the other side, J Balvin’s net worth is around $30 million as of 2021 and he is one of the richest celebrities to have come from Latin origin.
Check Also Bad Bunny net worth
J Balvin Biography
J Balvin was born in Medellin, Colombia. He grew up listening to American rock groups like Metallica and Nirvana and developed an interest in reggaeton after listening to Daddy Yankee. Although he was born into a middle-class family and grew up in a large home in the hills outside the city of Medellin, his father’s business went bankrupt when Balvin was 15 and the family lost their home and car and had to relocate to a poorer neighborhood.
J Balvin Age
J Balvin is 34 years as the time of this writing. he was born on on May 7, 1985.
However, when Balvin was 16, he participated in a foreign exchange program that found him in Oklahoma, but he was disappointed in the experience and noted “I was expecting the U.S. that everyone knows from Hollywood.” After the program, he moved to New York City to study English and music, living with an aunt and working as a dog walker. He worked various jobs illegally before ultimately deciding to return to Colombia and begin performing at various urban clubs in Medellin. He increased his social media following as he enrolled at the prestigious EAFIT University in Medellin.
J Balvin Music
When he was 19 years old, he began to pursue a career in music when he met DJ and business partner David Rivera Mazo in a freestyle rap battle on the streets of Medellin. They became fast friends and started promoting and producing their own music. J Balvin signed to EMI Columbia in 2009 and soon released his first single “Ella Me Cautivo,” which charted at No. 35 on the Billboard Tropical Songs chart. His first album, “Real,” was released in 2009. His first international hit was “Yo Te Lo Dije.” Balvin had some success with his album La Familia which was released in 2013 and reached #10 on the US Latin chart. Shortly after, he released his second track in the U.S., “Ay Vamos,” which solidified his post in the Latin urban market, winning a Latin Grammy Award for Best Urban Song. The music video is one of the most watched Latin music videos of all time, sitting at over one billion views.
- At the 2015 Premios Lo Nuestro awards, J. Balvin swept the urban category, winning four major awards. That same year, J. Balvin was nominated for 13 Billboard Latin Music Awards and won three honors. In June 2015, J. Balvin canceled his performance on Miss USA 2015 in protest over Donald Trump’s insulting comments regarding illegal immigrants. His live performance would have been his first national mainstream television appearance.
- Balvin released the album “Energia” in 2016 which reached #1 in Mexico and #1 on the US Latin chart. His premiere single from the album “Ginza” reached #1 in Mexico, Italy, Mexico, Spain, and on the US Latin charts. The video for “Ginza” broke the record for the most views for a Latin music video in the first 24 hours at over two million views.
- He became the first artist to receive a diamond certification in the Latin field, denoting digital sales of 600,000 units. Three other tracks from “Energia” reached the top 10 on the Latin charts: “Bobo,” “Safari,” and “Sigo Extranandote.” “Bobo” spent a week at the top of the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart. In promotion of “Energia,” J. Balvin embarked on a tour that featured several special guests including Zion & Lennox, Bad Bunny, and French Montana.
- In 2017 Balvin released his new single and music video for “Mi Gente.” On August 1, 2017, “Mi Gente” became the number one song in the world according to Global Top 50 on Spotify. It quickly garnered 1 billion views on YouTube. Despite the song’s success, it did not win any awards at the 2017 Latin Grammy Awards, as it had competed with Luis Fonsi’s “Despacito” which swept many awards that year. In 2018, J Balvin teamed up with Cardi B and Bad Bunny for the song “I Like It”, which reached #1 on many charts including the Billboard Hot 100, marking his first single to make it to the U.S. Hot 100.
- J. Balvin released his fourth album, “Vibras,” on May 25, 2018. The two lead singles were “Machika” and “Ahora.” “Vibras” claimed the record for the most-streamed Latin album in 24 hours and debuted at No. 1 in the U.S. Top Latin Albums chart. In addition, “Vibras” claimed the largest streaming week ever for a Latin album with its songs streamed 16.1 million times. Subsequently, it became J. Balvin’s highest charting album, debuting at No. 15 on the U.S. Billboard 200.
- In June 2019, J. Balvin released a new album in collaboration with Bad Bunny, “Oasis.” It was released overnight and deemed a surprise drop. It peaked at No. 9 on the Billboard 200 and topped the Billboard U.S. Latin Albums chart. It was named one of Rolling Stone’s Best Latin Albums of 2019 and nominated for Best Latin Rock, Urban, or Alternative Album at the 2020 Grammy Awards. That summer, Balvin and Bad Bunny headlined the Uforia Latino Mix Live concert series to raise money for victims of the shootings in Dayton, Ohio, and El Paso, Texas. In January 2020, J. Balvin was a guest performer at the Super Bowl halftime show headlined by Shakira and Jennifer Lopez. In March 2020, J. Balvin released his fifth studio album, “Colores.” He set a new record, with all his songs on the album occupying Spotify’s Top 10.
In addition to releasing his own music, J. Balvin has been featured on several other singles including “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke featuring Pharrell Williams. His collaboration with Rosalia Con Altura won Best Urban Song at the 2019 Latin Grammy Awards. He also collaborated with Major Lazer and El Alfa on the single “Que Calor.” Balvin has won two Latin Grammy Awards and an MTV Europe Music Award.
— J BALVIN (@JBALVIN) February 12, 2021
J Balvin Girlfriend
J Balvin girlfriend is an Argentine model called Valentina Ferrer, They nearly had a plane crash while departing from a vacation with the family in the Bahamas. The plane failed to take off properly and crash landed shortly after leaving the runway. Nobody was injured in the accident.
J. Balvin continues to live in his hometown of Medellin, unlike many pop stars of his genre who move to the United States upon gaining fame. It was revealed in 2020 that J. Balvin had contracted COVID-19 but fully recovered.