What is Menzie Chinn Wealthy?
Menzie Chinn is a professor of public affairs and economics with a net worth of $2 million. He currently at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. He is also the co-editor of the Journal of International Money and Finance, and a Research Associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research International Finance and Macroeconomics Program.
Early Life and Career
Menzie David Chinn was born on 1961. He received a BA from Harvard College in 1984, a PhD in economics from the University of California at Berkeley in 1991, and was a senior economist with the White House Council of Economic Advisers from 2000 to 2001. He contributes to an economics blog at econbrowser.com which has been highly ranked by traffic amongst economics blogs, and is frequently interviewed by economics journalists.
Chinn is ranked among the top 500 authors of economic journals and ranked 521 in terms of downloads on the Social Science Research Network. He h as written extensively on international economics, trade and exchange rates.
Most Cited Works
- Chinn, Menzie D., and Hiro Ito. “A new measure of financial openness.” Journal of comparative policy analysis 10, no. 3 (2008): 309-322.
- Chinn, Menzie D., and Hiro Ito. “What matters for financial development? Capital controls, institutions, and interactions.” Journal of development economics 81, no. 1 (2006): 163-192.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong, Menzie D. Chinn, and Antonio Garcia Pascual. “Empirical exchange rate models of the nineties: Are any fit to survive?.” Journal of international money and finance 24, no. 7 (2005): 1150-1175.
- Chinn, Menzie D., and Eswar S. Prasad. “Medium-term determinants of current accounts in industrial and developing countries: an empirical exploration.” Journal of International Economics 59, no. 1 (2003): 47-76.
- Chinn, Menzie D., and Robert W. Fairlie. “The determinants of the global digital divide: a cross-country analysis of computer and internet penetration.” Oxford Economic Papers 59, no. 1 (2007): 16-44.
Menzie Chinn net worth
How much Menzie Chinn worth? Menzie Chinn’s net worth is estimated at around $5 million. He describes his teaching material as “the (old) neoclassical synthesis, i.e., Keynesian short run plus Classical long run — and some New Keynesian” and Lost Decades (with Jeffrey Frieden), W. W. Norton & Company, 2011. However, David Chinn is married to Laura Schwendinger.